Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Meet My Man

Hahaha that title makes me laugh!

So Brett keeps popping up in this little blog of mine, which I guess is to be expected since he is the groom-to-be and all, and I realized that I never formally introduced him.

Brett Mathew (which I never call him, even if he is in big trouble) is originally from Oshkosh, Wisconsin born, raised and schooled by the Hometown University. He probably would like me to point out that his name is with two t’s since spelling it with one t is so not cool and that his last name starts with an F so he is basically the same person as Brett Farve. He sometimes introduces himself to new people this way. He is a huge Packer fan and an even bigger Farve fan if you couldn’t tell already. He joins the other 1% of Wisconsin that actually wants Farve to play for the Vikings! I know, I know, how could I still be marrying him?! He also follows the brewers and loves bobble head game day giveaways almost as much as I do. I don’t know what it is about those little guys, I just can’t get enough of them.



Brett is fanatical about the yard which is perfect for me since I hate weeding and I don’t know how to even turn on (err start) the mower. He also loves to hunt, in fact we have a deer head hanging on our basement wall. I cried when he told me he got a deer big enough to mount. It took his dad over 50 years to get a mountable deer so I wasn’t expecting it so soon, by now you can tell that I am not a hunter, I don’t know the jargon and I have a feeling mountable is not the right term. But I got over it and it doesn’t look too bad. Although, I think he might be more stylish with a pink boa, a party hat and some fake eyelashes.



I can’t talk about Brett without talking about Payton. Payton, is our chocolate lab that I gave him as a gift on our second anniversary. She would be his best man (even though she is a girl) if the church would allow it. That dog loves him more then anything in the world!


Finally, Brett has amazing friends. There are the guys that he grew up with that all have hearts of gold. The goofballs from college that are always up for a good time, and play a mean game of poker. And the new friends from work that give him a hard time but would do anything for him. I guess that explains him in a nutshell … a long nutshell.




No comments:

Post a Comment