Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Help!!

Alright, so I have been having a mini mental breakdown. I can't figure out how to pull my vision together for the reception. I know exactly what I want to do for the ceremony but I can't find what I want for the party. I wanted to have black pin tuck tablecloths and jewel tone flower centerpieces. And then ... I fell in love with a reception space (picture below) that has brown suede walls. I know that I could still pull this off but the black and brown combo would drive me nuts!!


(picture from intercontinental.com)

So I don't know exactly what I want but here is what I do know:

  • I need colors that go with brown but I don't think I want brown as a main color. Although, this Polk-a-dot brown theme caught my eye today. I just feel like the brown and sage/brown and blue/brown and fuchsia thing is not my style.

(Photos by Julie Dreelin of Beach Productions)

  • I would like to stick with the jewel tone look probably including a bright pink, deep orange, natural green, raspberry color and possibly a Merlot or blue color.
Herein lies part of the problem. I can't find a picture of what I want. Some pallets are too bright, some too dark and so on. And, I can't pick just a few colors. I am working on an inspiration board to add here.
  • I want a table cloth or runner with a contemporary print (love the look of a big, bold print).

(picture from theknot.com)

  • I would like half of the tables to have a full short centerpiece of different flowers with all of the colors incorporated. The picture below has some of the colors I am interested in and I like the glass vase but I don't want all the twigs and extra "stuff." I would also want something that is fuller with more colors and packed more tightly.

(theknot.com)


  • I want the other half of the centerpieces to be branches with moss at the base and either flowers, candles, crystals or all of the above hanging from the branches.

(theknot.com)

  • I love the look of clean, contemporary tables.



The problem is that I don't know how to pull all of this together and I really can't find fabric or tablecloths that I like to help me make a cohesive vision ...

Hopefully the wedding Gods will smile down on me and help me figure this one out.

2 comments:

  1. You know you will find something. you do have like 10 months to go. It will be okay. I am not good with color suggestions so I will leave this one to the experts and give you some advice....drink a lot.

    ReplyDelete